Courses & Workshops
4-3413 Vignette Content: Extending Content Management Applications (formerly 4341)
Duration: 2 Days
This course is for software developers responsible for the design and customization of content management applications. It focuses on extending the Content Management Console and Content Management Services (CMS) and on extending content type definitions. This course also describes the basic architecture associated to the extension points offered by Vignette Content, which includes the Management Console, Content, Event Management, and Workflow and how to customize these extension points.
By the end of the course you will learn how to:
- Describe Basic Vignette Content Architecture.
- Deploy and register custom code using Vignette tools.
- Customize the appearance and functionality of the Management Console.
- Create role-based home pages in the Management Console.
- Create custom widgets.
- Customize content input forms.
- Create and deploy custom event handlers.
- Create web services program tasks for use in workflows.
- Diagnostic Console.
- Content Type Evolution.
If you are interested in this course, you may also consider these courses:
- 3342 Vignette Content System Administration
- 4354 Vignette Dynamic Portal Module Foundation
- 4342 Vignette Dynamic Site Module Foundation
This course is valuable to all software developers, application architects, technical lead, or programmer responsible for customizing or extending Vignette Content Management.
Java development skills, JSP development skills, Knowledge of concepts covered in 3341 Building Content Management Foundation Applications.
|Per Student at Open Text Site||AUD||1,600.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||BRL||1,836.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||USD||1,790.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.