Courses & Workshops
3-3453 Portal System Administration v8.5
Duration: 3 Days
This course provides System Administrators the knowledge and practice to plan, install or upgrade an OpenText Portal implementation.
The course explores the basic architecture of the Portal platform, recommended hardware and software topologies, and capacity planning guidelines. Participants will be exposed to different configuration procedures of the various subsystems of the Portal application. Additionally, participants will learn to implement the different options for user management and authentication, how to secure the Portal and how to customize the Portal database to guarantee optimal performance.
- Learn to install, configure and maintain an OpenText Portal implementation at peak performance.
On Completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Plan a Portal implementation
- Install/Upgrade Portal
- Configure the Portal
- Manage users and groups
- Configure the Portal to use LDAP for user management
- Configure the Portal to authenticate users against LDAP
- Manage data in the Portal Metastore
- Customize the Portal database and connection pools
Portal System Administrators and those responsible for the Portal installation
- Familiarity with Web servers, application servers and database servers.
- Basic understanding of general system administration.
|Per Student at Open Text Site||USD||2,685.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.