Courses & Workshops
4-3457 Portal: Developing PortalBean Portlets
Duration: 2 Days
This course describes the architecture of Vignette Portal and examines the supported portlet frameworks. It evaluates the overall differences of the portlet frameworks: PortalBeans, JSR-286 and WSRP, but focuses on the PortalBeans portlet development. It also demonstrates how to extend this framework to build custom portlets and Portal applications.
In this course, students take on the role of Portlet Developers to design, create, and deploy custom Portal applications using Portal development tools. Students will also extend base classes and APIs to create custom PortalBean portlets, generate CAR files, and deploy custom PortalBean portlets to the Portal.
To schedule this class please contact email@example.com
By the end of the course you will learn how to:
- PortalBean Portlet Components
- Implement Logging In A Portlet
- Extending Base Classes
- Storing Portlet Data
- Coding Portlets for Performance
- Localizing a Portlet
- Portlet Management
- Implementing Vignette Ajax Library
If you are interested in this course, you may also consider these courses:
- Vignette Portal – Foundation: Managing Portal Server and Sites
- 4351 Vignette Portal:Developing JSR Portlets
- 3350 Vignette Portal System Administration
- 4352 Vignette Portal User Interface Development
- 4353 Vignette Builder Foundation
Portlet Developers and Architects
- Knowledge of: Java, JSP, HTML
- Knowledge of basic Vignette Portal administration functions is recommended, but not required
|Per Course at Customer Site||USD||9,000.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.