Courses & Workshops
4-3459 Vignette Dynamic Portal Module Foundation (formerly 4353)
Duration: 2 Days
The Vignette Dynamic Portal Module Foundation Course builds on your existing knowledge of Vignette Content Management and Vignette Portal. In this course you will learn to create dynamic, personalized, content-driven Web solutions utilizing the functionality provided by the Vignette Dynamic Portal Module.
By the end of the course you will learn how to:
- Identify the key features of the Vignette Dynamic Portal Module
- Define key terms and concepts associated with the Dynamic Portal Module
- Manage and create sites, channels, pages, portlets, navigation items, templates, and content component types
- Describe the Dynamic Portal content and asset deployment processes
- Define key architecture components of the Dynamic Portal Module
- Define and modify the Dynamic Portal Module caching mechanism
- Customize and extend the Dynamic Portal Module
- Create custom renderers
- Create Display Views
- Modify custom grids and styles
- Implement a Request Context Modfier
- Build custom content component types
- Manage content from a Channel Page using copy and paste features
If you are interested in this course, you may also consider these courses:
- 1350 Vignette Portal Overview
- 3350 Vignette Portal System Administration
- 4351 Vignette Portal Developing PortalBean Portlets
- 4350 Vignette Portal: Developing JSR Portlets
- 4352 Vignette Portal User Interface Development
- 3341 Building Content Management Foundation Applications
This course is intended for individuals who need to learn the new features and functionality provided by the Vignette Dynamic Portal Module, site developers and site administrators who focus on creating the application framework for content-driven websites and system administrators, network administrators, and IT professionals who need to deploy, implement, and manage content-driven websites.
- Attendance in a Vignette Portal course or advanced knowledge of the Vignette Portal Administration Consoles
- Attendance in a Vignette Content Management course or advanced knowledge of the Vignette Content Management Consoles
- Knowledge of Content Delivery Applications
- Familiarity with building and deploying JSP and Servlet-based web applications is recommended
|Per Student at Open Text Site||AUD||1,600.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||BRL||1,836.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||USD||1,790.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.