Courses & Workshops
1361 Vignette Record Manager: Configuring the File Plan
Duration: 3 Days
This course prepares specialist business users to begin working successfully with Vignette Record Manager. This course introduces the file plan structure used to store records in an enterprise. Students learn how to manage records in the file plan, including the retention and disposal of records. Functions for both electronic and physical records are examined. The instructor also introduces the security model used to ensure that the right people have the right type of access to records.
Students learn how to configure different types of containers to hold records and then build out the file plan. Students also learn how to configure security and disposal rules. The course combines lectures, demonstrations, hands-on lab exercises and a final workshop to reinforce learning.
By the end of the course you will learn how to:
- Describe and apply record management concepts
- Describe the architecture of Vignette Record Manager
- Add, search, browse and view records in the file plan
- Design, define, and build a file plan
- Manage records
- Work with and manage physical records
- Control access to records
- Configure file plan components
- Build the file plan
- Configure file plan reports
If you are interested in this course, you may also consider these courses:
- 2361 Vignette Case Manager Foundation: Configuring Business Processes
- 3361 Vignette Case Manager Record Manager System Administration
- 2362 Vignette Collection Manager Foundation: Configuring Collections
This course is intended for:
- Record Managers
- Information Managers / Document Managers
- Business Managers
- Project Managers
The course is valuable to Records Managers, and to all specialist business users, administrators and managers who will be involved in implementing and managing the enterprise file plan.
- A basic knowledge of using a Web browser and office applications
- Knowledge of the types of records your organization needs to store, and the retention, access and disposal requirements for those records.
|Per Student at Open Text Site||BRL||2,754.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||USD||2,685.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.