Courses & Workshops
3-3412 Vignette Content: System Administration (v7.x)(formerly 3342)
Duration: 3 days
This course prepares new Vignette Content system administrators for planning and carrying out Vignette Content implementations. The course explores the functional and software architecture of the Vignette Content platform including example topologies. Students learn to install and configure the various Vignette Content system components also gain valuable hands-on experience with the different Vignette Content tools such as the Runtime Services Console, the Configuration Console, the Job Console, as well as the Management Console. Students learn to manage Vignette Content sub-systems including security, workflow, and publishing.
By the end of the course you will learn how to:
- Plan and install a Vignette Content implementation.
- Learn the Vignette Content system architecture in detail.
- Create and manage Projects in the Management Console.
- Create and manage static and database backed Content Items.
- Create a file source and file source scan Configure a new split content database.
- Create and manage Content Type Definitions Install and configure the Content Delivery Services.
- High Performance Delivery (HPD) Architecture Administer Vignette Content authorization and navigate the LDAP directory server.
- Use the Workflow Console to manage workflow process instances and tasks.
- Publish and deploy content to sites Use the Job Console to troubleshoot publishing and deployment issues.
- Export and Import Vignette Content objects to the Management Console and modify package manifest files.
- Use the VCM Tools to stop/start the Vignette Content Node and manage configuration changes from the Configuration Console and perform various system administration tasks.
- Content Type Evolution.
- Enhanced File Management.
- Audit Console.
- Core Server Enhancements.
If you are interested in this course, you may also consider these courses:
- 1340 Vignette Content Management Overview
- 4341 VCM Extending Content Management Applications
- 3341 Vignette Content: Building Content Management Applications
- 4354 Vignette Dynamic Portal Module Foundation
The Vignette Content System Administration course is valuable to system administrators, application administrators and technical architects implementing a Vignette Content installation and deployment.
Databases, Application Servers
|Per Student at Open Text Site||AUD||2,400.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||BRL||2,754.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||USD||2,685.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.