Courses & Workshops
3363 Vignette Integrated Document System Administration
Duration: 2 Days
This course prepares new IDM System Administrators for planning and carrying out Vignette IDM implementations. The course explores the functional and software architecture of the IDM platform including hardware and software topologies. Students gain hands-on experience using the IDM System Administration Client to configure a newly installed system from the ground up.
As part of the course, students learn to create simple business applications and configure the security features, enabling appropriate system, application, and document level access to documents in the IDM Repository.
By the end of the course you will learn how to:
- Describe the IDM core architecture and identify the available topology options for an IDM implementation
- Plan an IDM Implementation
- Install and Configure the IDM Server
- Install and Configure the IDM System Administration Client
- Install and Configure the IDM Client
- Install and Configure the IDM Browser Client
- Configure IDM Database Connectivity
- Manage storage in IDM
- Configure Groups, Users, Access Control and Security
- Configure IDM Applications
- Configure IDM Notifications
- Configure IDM Retention Management Rules
- Configure and run IDM Standard Reports
- Capture, retrieve and output documents with IDM
- Monitor the IDM System
- Use IDM Command Line Utilities
If you are interested in this course, you may also consider these courses:
- 3362 Vignette IDM Foundation
- 3364 Configuring IDM Report Manager
- 3365 Configuring Vignette Image Capture Workshop
This course is intended for:
- System Administrators
- Document Managers
This course will be useful for all those responsible for installation and configuration of Vignette IDM.
Students should have completed the IDM Foundation course or be familiar with IDM concepts and products and have used the IDM user interfaces. Conceptual understanding of IT projects involving information management and information architectures.
|Per Student at Open Text Site||BRL||1,836.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||USD||1,790.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.