Courses & Workshops
1-3410 Vignette Content Management Overview (formerly 1340)
Duration: 1 day
This course teaches students the fundamentals of Vignette Content Management. Students learn content management terminology and concepts such as sites, channels, and projects. Students also learn the essential content management tasks including content creation, content type definitions (modeling), and the site/channel hierarchy.
This course includes instructor led activities and demonstration of Vignette Content Management software and its tools such as Vignette Management Console and Workflow Modeler.
By the end of the course you will learn how to:
- Describe the basics of a Content Management Application.
- Log in to the VCM Management Console and use the Personal Home Page.
- Create a site, channels and classifications in the VCM Management Console.
- Learn the basics of the role-based security in VCM.
- Learn the basics of Workflow in VCM.
- Learn the basics of Content Type Definitions in VCM.
- Use the Content Modeler to create simple Content Type Definitions.
- Create and manage static and database backed Content Items.
- Learn about the different VCM delivery applications.
- Log in to the Portal and view the Preview site.
- Learn the basics of Publishing.
- Learn about the extensibility of VCM.
If you are interested in this course, you may also consider these courses:
- 3341 VCM Building Content Management Applications
- 4341 VCM Extending Content Management Applications
- 3342 VCM Systems Administration Portal Overview
This course is intended for those responsible for the basic creation and modification of content in the VCM.
Conceptual understanding of IT projects involving information management and information architectures.
|Per Student at Open Text Site||BRL||918.00|
|Per Student at Open Text Site||USD||895.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.