Courses & Workshops
4-1139 Developing Applications with the DM API (v6.x)(formerly 4031)
Duration: 4 days
This four-day course addresses the fundamentals to add Document Management functionality to custom applications using the DM API. It will provide you with a solid understanding of the DM Object Model, its components, how it is derived, and how to use these components to build your custom applications.
To best understand how to develop using the DM API, it is essential that you have a solid grasp of the underlying concepts that are found in DM.
This course does not include material to customize DM client-tier applications such as the DM Extensions Client or the DM Webtop. Material covered in this course does provide required knowledge for advanced functionality customizations that often occur using the DM Extensions API or the DM Webtop Interface.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the DM Server Client Object Model. This includes DM API objects such as the PCDDocObject, PCDSearch, PCDLogin, and PCDPropertyList objects.
- Use the various objects to add Document Management functionality to build custom applications.
- Use key functions typically executed within a DM application including:
- Searching for a document.
- Accessing validation data.
- Uploading and Downloading a document.
- Maintaining Versions, Folders, and Quick Searches.
- Relate and Un-relate items.
- Use Read-Only and Publish functions.
- Specify User Profile and ACL Defaults.
- Course 335 – Implementing Document Management using DM.
- Equivalent experience with document management fundamentals.
- Programming experience in Visual Basic, Visual C++, or ASP is required (Visual Basic preferred as all class exercises will be done in Visual Basic).
- Attendees should be familiar with the eDOCS DM Entity Relationship Diagram.
- Working knowledge of the DM Webtop or the DM Extensions Client.
Working knowledge of:
|Per Student at Open Text Site||USD||3,580.00|
|Per Course at Customer Site||USD||18,000.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.