Courses & Workshops
3-0908 Implementing BI Query
Duration: 4 days
If you will be using or are using BI Query or BI Query Reports to query your corporate data, or if you are responsible for your organization’s BI Query solution, this four-day course will teach you what you need to know to access the requisite corporate information.
BI Query is an enterprise-strength query and reporting application that helps users ask questions about corporate data and view the answers for more effective decision-making. BI Query uses data models – graphical representations of underlying database structures – and a powerful reporting environment to access and analyze enterprise data sources quickly and easily. Users can easily create ad hoc queries for answers to individual business problems. Powerful reporting capabilities allow organizations to easily create meaningful reports, containing data from multiple sources.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the components of BI Query (BI Query User, BI Query Reports, and BI Query Admin) and how they interact.
- Describe the role of the BI Query Administrator.
- Use the elements of the BI Query data model to query corporate databases.
- Use BI Query Reports to effectively present data from queries.
- Create interactive reports to make requalifying reports easier for desktop and web-based report readers.
- Distribute reports in different formats to users by using the export and publishing features of BI Query Reports.
- Schedule recurring and one-of queries and reports to run in off-peak times to address database and network performance issues.
- Create and deploy a graphical query environment (data model) for use with BI Query User.
- Understand the different capabilities of the components of BI Query and how to blend these applications in your organization to meet the differing levels of user needs, whether that be ease-of-use or query/report creation .
Beginner to intermediate users and administrators.
Working knowledge of:
- Basic computer skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows.
- An understanding of basic relational database concepts and data access issues is recommended but not required.
|Per Student at Open Text Site||CDN||1,895.00|
|Per Course at Customer Site||USD||18,000.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.