Courses & Workshops
3-0909 Implementing BI Query with BI Server
Duration: 5 days
If you are responsible for your organization’s BI solution, this five-day intensive course will teach you what you need to know to manage access to corporate information by desktop and webbased users using the centralized services of BI Server.
BI is a fully integrated, scalable, and portal-enabled business intelligence solution that allows desktop and web-based users to access, report on, and analyze enterprise information stored in transactional databases, data warehouses or data marts, and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the components of BI and how they interact.
- Use the User and Group Manager utility to control access to BI Server and assign appropriate system permissions.
- Describe and implement Security and Backup of the BI Server Repository.
- Create and Import New Users and Groups.
- Use the elements of the BI Query data model to query corporate databases.
- Use BI Query Reports to effectively present data from queries.
- Create interactive reports to make requalifying reports easier for desktop and web-based report readers.
- Distribute reports in different formats to desktop and web-based users by using the publishing features of BI Query Reports with BI Server.
- Schedule recurring and one-of queries and reports to run in off-peak times to address database and network performance issues.
- Use BI Web Client to query corporate databases and work with predefined reports and published data sources.
- Create and Format Reports in BI Web.
- Create and deploy a graphical query environment (data model) for use with BI Query User and BI Web Client.
- Describe the different capabilities of the components of BI and how to blend these applications in your organization to meet the differing levels of user needs, whether that be ease-of-use or query/report creation.
Intermediate to advanced administrators.
Working knowledge of:
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Servers.
- Web browsers.
- An understanding of basic relational database concepts and data access issues is recommended.
|Per Course at Customer Site||USD||22,500.00|
Taxes: All prices exclude VAT or other taxes where applicable (all currencies).
Extra expenses: Customer site course prices do not include instructor travel expenses, which are billed separately.
Reservations: Please provide a minimum of 3 weeks advance notice when arranging courses at customer sites.
Course & Workshop Calendar
Currently, there are no training dates scheduled for this course or workshop at this time. Please contact us to schedule an on-site course or workshop at your location.