OpenText Regulated Documents
Manage and control regulated documents throughout their lifecycle while accelerating time to market and reducing total cost of ownership
Pharmaceutical and life sciences, financial services, energy & utility, manufacturing, and government organizations are subject to strict regulations that dictate how, when and under what circumstances electronic documents can be authored, updated, approved, published and archived. Regulated industries need to make compliance with regulations an integral part of their document management and control processes to reduce risk and gain competitive advantage by bringing new products to market faster.
- Ensure compliance, reduce time-to-market
- Manage all regulated document types
- Support a full document lifecycle
- Maintain security controls
- Provide convenient, controlled access
- Standardize documents within a controlled or managed environment
Originally designed to meet the stringent requirements of the pharmaceutical industry, OpenText Regulated Documents (formerly Livelink ECM - Regulated Documents) is a complete application to securely manage key documents throughout a controlled lifecycle in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Supports all document lifecycle phases: Regulated Documents supports all document lifecycle phases, including Authoring, Review, Approval, Release, Change, Retirement and Archiving.
- Complies with all applicable good practice regulations: Regulated Documents complies with all of the applicable good practice regulations for laboratories, clinics and manufacturing, with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA's) 21 CFR Part 11 regulation regarding electronic records and signatures, as well as with other related regulations.
- Adds electronic signature capabilities to forms and workflows: Add signing events to workflows, and signature pages to electronic forms, providing the authentication characteristics of paper-based processes to electronic processes.
- Stores content in a powerful, highly scalable repository: The Regulated Documents repository is capable of managing many millions of documents. The repository can handle numerous types of documents, including text documents, spreadsheets and drawings.
- Ensures access control with nine-level permission model: Provides nine levels of objects permissions linked to document status, with role-based, controlled access. Access controls include See, See Contents, Modify, Edit Attributes, Reserve, Delete and more, providing powerful, scalable control over which users can perform which actions.
- Automates document numbering: Enable automated document numbering based on document type.
- Controls document versions: Regulated Documents integrated version control features include document reservation, change history and audit trails. Users can check in and check out files, to ensure that other users do not interfere with their work. Change histories provide quick access to previous versions of documents. Audit trails contain a detailed record of when, what and why changes were made to documents.
- Supports content categorization via rich metadata features and taxonomic classifications: Regulated Documents provides rich metadata features, including customizable categories and attributes, with examples provided. Categories enable you to add custom metadata to repository objects, enabling you to effectively organize your knowledge assets. Users can easily apply attribute metadata to documents, to categorize and browse information according to alternative conceptual themes rather than according to the folder hierarchy. Regulated Documents includes support for applying taxonomic classifications to documents, with examples provided.
- Provides extensive collaboration features: Extensive synchronous and asynchronous collaboration features to support collaborative authoring and review processes.
- Integrates with desktop productivity tools: Using Regulated Documents' desktop integration features, document authors and reviewers can connect directly from Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat to the Regulated Documents repository to save new documents or to check out existing documents for which there has been a change request. Document reviews by multiple reviewers are performed collaboratively with Regulated Documents. Multiple reviewers can easily add their own comments concurrently as layers.
- Includes sample database and standard operating procedures: Includes sample business content to provide a framework for managing regulated documents, including an information architecture, document templates, workflows for each lifecycle phase, records management plans and reporting tools.
- Controls archival and disposition of content changes: The document lifecycle ends with the withdrawal and eventual purge of documents from the Regulated Documents repository. Regulated Documents' records management capabilities help you control the archive and final disposition of documents. Records managers issue a query to locate all inactive controlled documents in the Regulated Documents repository and set the status to "archive."