OpenText Knowledge Management
Securely search, classify, navigate and collect all of your corporate knowledge in a single, Web-based repository
OpenText Knowledge Management (formerly Livelink ECM - Knowledge Management) is a comprehensive knowledge management solution that enables organizations to search, classify, navigate and collect all of their corporate knowledge in a single, secure, Web-based repository. OpenText Knowledge Management works with OpenText Document Management or OpenText Content Lifecycle Management, leveraging the power of these content repositories and adding functionality that manages all knowledge from a single interface, regardless of originating source.
- Leverage your knowledge assets and technology investments
- Reduce the risk of litigation and regulatory non-compliance
- Increase corporate agility and productivity
- Accelerate return on investment through low deployment and ownership costs
Knowledge Management enables you to foster a knowledge sharing culture and facilitate the flow of information throughout your organization. Your foundational investment in Knowledge Management allows you to:
- Access numerous systems, repositories and networks
- Improve access to information and organizational expertise
- Find knowledge using sophisticated search and retrieval capabilities
- Capture employee knowledge
- Organize and share knowledge: Knowledge Management manages any type of electronic document in any file format. You can organize electronic documents into hierarchies of folders and compound documents within three types of workspaces that reflect the different ways in which people work: the Enterprise Workspace; Project Workspaces; and Personal Workspaces.
- Capture knowledge automatically: Knowledge Management allows you to associate extra information, called metadata, with documents. Metadata is indexed and can be used to more easily find, retrieve, and generate reports on documents based on your custom criteria. Each piece of metadata information is an attribute, and sets of attributes can be grouped into categories that can be associated with any document.
- Classify and categorize knowledge assets: Multiple taxonomic classifications can be associated with documents in their original locations. This enables you to browse and search documents in the Knowledge Management repository according to taxonomies that differ from the one implied by the folder structure, without having to create multiple copies of documents.
- Automate knowledge management processes: Knowledge Management's graphical Workflow Designer tool enables you to automate document management processes, such as document change requests and document review and approval processes, to ensure that they are carried out accurately and consistently. You can design processes according to your own requirements or those imposed by regulatory agencies.
- Discover knowledge with prospective queries: OpenText Knowledge Management provides prospective searching capabilities—you can create special queries to monitor various data sources, including the OpenText Document Management or OpenText Content Lifecycle Management repositories, shared network drives, external Web sites and any integrated databases. When new information is discovered, you are immediately notified.