OpenText Transforms BPM with New Smart Process Applications
OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), today unveiled OpenText Smart Process Applications designed to accelerate an organization's ability to deliver quick wins from their Business Process Management Suite (BPMS) investments. OpenText Smart Process Applications integrate industry leading OpenText BPM solutions with key OpenText EIM products to deliver unmatched capabilities for organizations to better manage their process-based operations and enterprise information.
"What business needs now is a new generation of flexible, adaptable apps that can address the messy and unpredictable processes and collaborative activities that are central to any business," writes Andrew Bartels, vice president, principal analyst at Forrester Research, Inc. "Business executives want what we call "smart process applications" – a new generation of packaged applications that are being created specifically for those collaborative business activities."1 Forrester Research has forecasted the combined market for these products will grow to $34 billion by 2015.2
"Responding to the shift in market demands and delivering upon our EIM strategy, OpenText has elevated Smart Process Applications to the next level," said OpenText CEO Mark J. Barrenechea. "By providing business users with ready-to-use building blocks that include process models, application logic, persona-based user experiences, and case configurations, we are helping our customers remain agile to keep pace with ever-changing customer expectations."
Offering the market's first integrated Smart Process Applications from a single vendor, OpenText continues to deliver stronger solutions based upon its OpenText EIM portfolio and vision. These Smart Process Applications draw upon the foundation of OpenText's leading process and case management solutions (Business Process Management) integrated with industry leading strengths of products including: Content Server (Enterprise Content Management), Capture Center (Information Discovery), StreamServe (Customer Experience Management) and more. In addition, OpenText Smart Process Applications support the most common horizontal and vertical processes critical to business and can be up-and-running in as little as 30 days.
OpenText Smart Process Applications include:
- Assure for Customer Service – provides prescriptive response paths, intuitive self-service offerings, automated correspondence, performance reporting, multi-system data integration, change management and case load reduction capabilities aimed at delivering exceptional customer service and interactions.
- Assure for Human Resources – offers support for common practices, such as recruitment and on-boarding, using an adaptable, flexible platform that delivers personalized self-services to employees. It also improves the consistency and response time to requests, eliminates paper-based files and processes, and improves visibility to operations and service level metrics.
- Client Management for Insurance – delivers a consolidated 360-degree view of client interactions, cases, processes, content and correspondence across the core back office and customer service operations of insurance companies -- including information and interactions of all customers, intermediaries (e.g., brokers, agents), and internal customer/policy facing stakeholders.
"OpenText provided us with a core capability that could keep pace with our company's strategy and growth objectives. We now have the tools to streamline our business operations and provide our employees with a 360-degree view of our customers' experience across our operations department," said Graeme Turner, chief strategy, projects & technology officer at AIA Australia. "We look forward to working with OpenText to expand the solution to our future strategic initiatives and will continue to dedicate our resources to improving our services to our customers." AIA Group Limited and its subsidiaries comprise the largest independent publicly-listed pan-Asian life insurance group in the world, with a broad footprint spanning 15 markets in Asia Pacific. AIA Australia provides life insurance coverage to over two million Australians.
PSCU, a leading provider of traditional and online financial services to credit unions, is using OpenText Assure to enhance customer service and maximize productivity. "OpenText has enabled us to roll out new process-based services in 25% of the time, reduce our work queues by 30%, and save over $300 thousand," said Daniel Rosen, director of the Center for Process Excellence, PSCU. To learn more about PSCU's successes, check out the new video and download the case study today!
Showcasing the latest social and mobile capabilities, as well as analytics, dynamic case management, and self-service portals, OpenText Smart Process Applications provide the following benefits:
- Accelerated value –OpenText's out-of-the-box, process-specific building blocks enable organizations to design and deliver successful applications in as little as 30 days, delivering the quick wins that are critical to our customers and their time-to-market objectives
- Better visibility – gives insight into and across siloed applications and information, providing managers and executives with a comprehensive, real-time, and historical overview of structured and unstructured process operations.
- Cost-effective agility –allows organizations to innovate and keep up with the rapid pace of change their employees, partners, and customers desire. The agile, business-friendly nature of the process-based applications reduces a line of business' reliance on IT for often costly and time-consuming changes.
OpenText Smart Process Applications are available immediately from OpenText as cloud-based solutions with support for mobile devices. For further information on OpenText Smart Process Applications, please visit www.opentext.com/SmartProcessApplications and be sure to read our recent Smart Process Applications articles at the Because Process Matters blog.
Download a complimentary copy of Forrester Research, Inc.'s report, "Smart Process Applications Fill a Big Business Gap" at: www.opentextbpm.com/SmartProcessAppsReport, and register for OpenText's Smart Process Applications webinar featuring Forrester Vice President and Principal Analyst, Craig LeClair, on March 20th.
To learn more about OpenText EIM:
- Read the blog of Mark Barrenechea, OpenText's CEO
- Visit the OpenText EIM Resource Center, where you can review the latest customer videos, whitepapers and more
- Come meet with us in person at our upcoming OpenText EIM Days
- Follow OpenText on Twitter @opentext and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/opentext
1, 2 Forrester Research, Inc., "Smart Process Applications Fill A Big Business Gap," Andrew Bartels and Connie Moore, August 8, 2012.
OpenText provides Enterprise Information Management software that enables companies of all sizes and industries to manage, secure and leverage their unstructured business information, either in their data center or in the cloud. Over 50,000 companies already use OpenText solutions to unleash the power of their information. To learn more about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX; TSX: OTC), please visit: www.opentext.com.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright ©2013 Open Text Corporation. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text SA and/or Open Text ULC. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text SA or other respective owners. All rights reserved. For more information, visit: http://www.opentext.com/2/global/site-copyright.html_SKU.
For more information, please contact
Ogilvy Public Relations for OpenText