OpenText Application Governance & Archiving for Microsoft® SharePoint®
You have your own reasons to govern content better—regulations, litigation, hampered processes, costly and complex infrastructure, and stifled business growth—but where do you begin? Organizations want to capitalize on the advantages and opportunities presented by Microsoft® SharePoint® while ensuring a comprehensive information governance strategy that enables them to balance the familiarity, intuitiveness, and collaboration aspects of SharePoint with those of ensuring consistent corporate policies and enabling structure, control, and automation to the site creation process. Organizations must look to integrate SharePoint into their existing information infrastructure and governance strategy, providing a holistic view of business content that is critical for quicker decision making, improving efficiencies, and driving productivity.
OpenText Application Governance & Archiving for Microsoft SharePoint provides integrated, end-to-end management of SharePoint sites and documents across an entire enterprise. With it, organizations can better manage SharePoint sites and enforce broader compliance and archiving policies, open access to all enterprise content, and lower ongoing administration and storage costs. It also helps to improve user productivity by providing access to content from numerous enterprise sources directly through SharePoint in the context of business applications and processes. This ultimately increases the value of content by giving organizations a comprehensive, well-managed, and long-term approach to preservation of corporate memory and sound information governance.
- Archive content automatically or interactively
- Synchronize active and archived SharePoint documents
- Accelerate and manage the rollout of SharePoint Sites
- Deploy sites with built-in compliance
- Extend records management policies to SharePoint
- Manage paper and other physical objects from within SharePoint
- Simplify management of archived content
- Archive documents, Sites, Lists and other complex data types
- Leverage faceted browsing
- Facilitate collaboration around archived content within SharePoint
- Reduce system administration overhead
- Meet worldwide certifications and standards
- Enable comprehensive and federated search
- Index and search content with Microsoft FAST Search for SharePoint
- Support custom content sources
- Enhance link management and synchronization
- Simplify custom development
- Leverage advanced integrations with SAP content
Information Governance and SharePoint
Organizations have come to depend on Microsoft® SharePoint® for its ability to connect people, content, and workflows through a simple, easy-to-use experience. They embrace SharePoint to improve end-user efficiencies, productivity, and self-sufficiency. Understand how SharePoint fits into your governance strategy and overall information infrastructure.
Read more about OpenText Application Governance & Archiving for SharePoint: