How our customers are using OpenText solutions to improve their business
- The Globe and Mail
- HIT Entertainment
- The Mosaic Company
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
Being able to surface relevant content is critical to help our audience understand the news that affects them on a daily basis. From a business perspective, it helps further that engagement where you've got users consuming more pages that are more relevant to them on a more regular basis. So the faster we can surface that information to them via search or through automatic triggers through Semantic Navigation, the better it is for us as a business.
- Improve searching capabilities
- Interested in attracting the largest possible audience and keeping the readers on their site as long as possible
- Engage online audiences with contextually relevant content that they will likely be interested in to drive online stickiness
- Develop brand awareness and increase customer loyalty
The Globe and Mail is using OpenText's semantic search technology to generate semantic metadata that improves search results, increases search engine optimization (SEO), and makes the site more “sticky”.
- OpenText Semantic Navigation makes content discovery easy by using meaningful key terms to guide search engines and audiences directly to their content.
- Visitors able to find relevant information faster, nuturing customer loyalty.
- Contextually relevant content connects visitors to targeted products and ads that are displayed based on their inherent meaning.
- Delivering SEO-rich web pages to maximize their web business strategy.
When we evaluated OpenText Media Management we were suitably impressed, not only with technology, but also the people. We knew from the outset that this would be a long term relationship. OpenText are clearly a leader in this space and this was borne out by reference visits that we undertook.
Rising costs of physical Style Guide production and distribution
Increasing difficulty searching for specific assets, tying up high cost resources
Needed to improve the speed of licensee application processing and fulfilment
Difficult to enforce version control of assets with licensees
Digital asset distribution reduces cost, saves time and aids version control
Licensing approval workflow faster, auditable and reportable
Faster and accurate searching, across the user base
Robust security enforcement across all digital assets
From an eDiscovery perspective we have saved immediate dollars because our in-house staff can now produce the necessary data for the courts.
- Duplication of data
- Multiple versions of the truth
- Exploring, collecting, preserving, and processing information
- Rising eDiscovery costs
- Minimizing corporate risks and costs
- Ensuring knowledge integrity
- Comprehensive solution for litigation and eDiscovery readiness
- Significant improvements to eDiscovery process
The key benefits are that we have one ECM system for all users. We can ensure a single version of the truth. We plan to implement records management on top of that so we can ensure compliance when we are audited. We can improve work processes around administration – there is a lot to gain there. We will also reduce the amount of paper we use.
- With several legacy content management systems in use, SABIC needed to standardize on one content management system across the enterprise.
- It was difficult for employees around the globe to collaborate efficiently.
- There was no effective way to identify duplicated documents.
- Managing, controlling, and securing content is critical to the organization's information governance strategy.
- Increased team productivity.
- Enhanced content security and integrity throughout its lifecycle.
- Ensuring single version of the truth.
- Minimizing the risks and costs of content.
- Ensuring compliance when audited.