OpenText Document Management, eDOCS Edition (eDOCS DM)
Maximize the business value of your work product through improved collaboration, organization, control and retrieval your key information assets
According to Gartner, Inc., employees spend between 30 and 40 percent of their time creating, searching for, retrieving, repurposing and organizing documents — time wasted. In document intensive industries, this seriously impacts the decision-making process, hindering organizational agility and limiting competitive advantage.
eDOCS DM eliminates inefficiencies caused by the inability to manage and organize the explosion of electronic content by creating a single, highly scalable library for all your work product and matter information. With eDOCS DM all of your work product including: documents, e-mail, graphics, PDF’s, engineering drawings, scanned paper and electronic-based records, is consolidated in a unified enterprise knowledge base for easy access retrieval and collaboration.
- Enhance knowledge worker productivity and collaboration
- Simplified business centric capture, organization and retrieval
- With a single library capacity for over 250 million documents eDOCS can lower the costs of managing your content over other less scalable legal solutions
- Simplified search, administration and document control
Business Needs Met
The following key business challenges can be solved with eDOCS DM and OpenText Legal Solutions:
- Reduce Costs, Lower Resource Requirements, Gain Flexibility: Regardless of the volume or format of enterprise information eDOCS and the OpenText Cloud combine the benefits of cloud computing including lower overhead and no infrastructure and deployment costs with enterprise-grade security, compliance, and services.
- Capturing the Business Value of Email: eDOCS DM enables organizations to organize and classify email within a unified content repository enhancing collaboration and reducing IT costs while complying with corporate governance, privacy, and other requirements.
- Manage the Risks of Your Content: eDOCS DM offers complete records management and information governance solutions to address legal and regulatory issues around managing records, mitigating business risk of improper record handling, and lowering the cost of managing the content explosion.
- Power Up for the Mobile Economy: Complete eDOCS mobile solutions enable attorneys to find, view, edit, create and share business content from anywhere, at any time, from almost any mobile device or tablet.
- Create High Performance Teams & Deepen Client Intimacy: Using eDOCS and Tempo Box lawyers can share documents in collaborative workspaces allowing dispersed teams across and beyond the enterprise to work together more effectively and productively while capturing the tacit expertise within your organization.
- Securely Transfer and Share Large Files: Using OpenText Managed File Transfer alongside of eDOCS, your organization can safely, securely and efficiently share key documents, video depositions, eDiscovery productions with external parties.
- Increase Process Velocity: eDOCS and OpenText BPS significantly increase productivity by automating complex, recurring and user-driven processes while lowering overhead costs, better managing risks, identifying new areas for profitability and improving client satisfaction.
- Manage Engineering Documents: Seamless integration with AutoCAD enables organizations to work more effectively with engineering documents while strategically incorporating them into enterprise document repositories for easy organization and retrieval.
- Extend Your Investment in Microsoft SharePoint: Maximize the value of your existing business content with minimal investment or effort by extending it into your SharePoint deployments.