Compliance & Corporate Governance
Ensure that your company is managed according to government legislation and regulations, industry standards, and internal policies and procedures
How a company is managed and the measure of its compliance efforts has a direct impact on shareholder value. Poor management and non-compliance can lead to lost business, financial penalties, indefinite suspension of operations, and even criminal charges.
While compliance is quickly becoming a requirement for all organizations-whether public or private, and regardless of in which industry they operate-there is much more to compliance than simply following the rules. Organizations need to not only achieve compliance-they must be able to demonstrate it as well.
Industry regulations and standards are founded on the proven principles and practices of doing good business, best practices that have derived from daily operations in each industry to prevent adversities from being repeated.
Being compliant and promoting good governance is about much more than mitigating risk-it ensures the long-term success and quality of operations throughout your organization.
OpenText's Compliance and Governance products are:
- Open Text Accreditations Server facilitates employee training and enables the monitoring and management of employee certifications and credentials. It ensures compliance and reduces risks for companies that must ensure that certain classes of employees have the necessary certifications under the law to perform their role.
- OpenText Governance, Risk & Compliance is a suite of applications that provides content management, process management, regulatory and compliance functionality to establish a controlled environment.
- OpenText Internal Controls enables the scoping, assessing, and testing of internal controls to monitor and ensure a framework for sustainable good governance and compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act.
- OpenText Records Management ensures compliance and reduces risk by enabling the full lifecycle management of all corporate information assets in electronic or physical format. It enables companies to control how and for how long enterprise content is retained, and ensure its destruction when this time has elapsed.
- Open Text Regulated Documents provides a complete application to securely manage documents for highly regulated industries, enabling the management of documents in a manner that satisfies regulations such as the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's 21 CFR Part 11 and the Environmental Protection Agency's 40 CFR Part 3 (CROMERRR).